Yesterday's weather was
chilly but beautiful.
It's a nice break in between
the storms.
Liberty, wet from her
adventure into the water while
chasing after floating sticks.
She was allowed some off leash
time with the ever present can
of dry treats to shake if she
decides not to obey the 'come' command.
Liberty ~~ She who cannot resist treats.
We stayed toasty warm inside
with blankets, and a propane heater.
Rick had dropped me off at
the boat ramp just before taking the
pontoon boat back to it's berth.
The stairs and a flair up
with arthritic knees right now
isn't a good combination.
Right now there's 97 steps
from the top down to the ramp.
The 'Long Night' moon rose
while I was waiting for Rick at
the top of the stairs.
Today's our 37th anniversary.
We were married while he was home
on Christmas leave from the Navy.
I hadn't seen him for 6 months.
He was home for two weeks.
We got married and
then he was gone for another
two months.
Yikes, that was our Navy life,
and I'm grateful for it all,
but I am glad those military separations
are far behind us.
We're enjoying our time together
this week while Rick's on vacation.
Today we are going out to see
Les Miserable.
I love musicals and am excited
to go see it.


Happy Anniversary to you both! Let us know what you think of Les Mis.
ReplyDeleteTypical Lab..Food and water..She looks all grown up..Do you need a tripod to take pics of the moon?? I think I do or I get a shadow even if I rest my camera on the window sill..Happy Anniversary...nad Happy NY
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary to you and your hubby. Liberty is probably pretty pleased that her owners just happen to be boat owners which puts her near water on occasion.
ReplyDeleteLove that moon, great shot.
Why don't you post a picture of you two? I haven't seen what Rick looks like since Japan. Wow, 37 years where did they go? Jerry and I celebrated our 22nd on the 15th of Dec. Hard to believe we have been married that long.
ReplyDeleteI want to go see that movie too! I heard it was great.