Friday, December 21, 2012

Sewing Deli Totes, Liberty and the Snow

Here's the project I was 
working on and finished this week.
I made deli totes for more of my 
friends at Seniors.



This one is for my dog loving 
friend B.


For my gardening friend
E. who is in her nineties.
Yes she's still gardening!!!



For M. who's home state 
flower happens to be the sunflower.
Lucky fabric choice for her.
I just love this fabric combo.
Liberty loved it as well.
While taking photos she grabbed
the sunflower tote and ran up the 
hill with it, shook it to death,
and decided after a few 
maddening minutes
 that it was worth
trading for a few bits of dog food 
shaken in a can.  
Whew!


For my friend P.
She hasn't received it yet
because she wasn't at Seniors
Thursday or today.
She has family visiting 
from out of town.


This one is for another friend M.
I don't know if she likes chickens
or not.  I just liked the fabric
and she loved the tote.
Yeah.


Liberty enjoying the snow.
She looked like a fawn
with those fat snowflakes 
on her back.


I went to the Senior's Christmas
 party and lunch today.
It was the best party
 that we've had there.
Ever.
A class from a local school
came to give gifts and homemade cards.
They sang songs for everyone
and introduced themselves.
Each and everyone were 8 and 9 
years old.  
Sweet little kids.


A dad in his military fatigues
arrived to surprise his daughter
after being gone for months.
She ran into his arms!

Tears, clapping
 and cheers abounded.

I know what those 
reunions feel like
from our twenty years
in the Navy.
Seeing these reunions
on the news makes 
me cry every time.
Seeing a Navy ship
come into port is 
even more heartfelt to me.
There were many choked
up grandmas in the crowd.


Time to get back
downstairs.
Rick is on his way home.
He's making his way through
the snow stopped trucks  
as the freeways are closed 
north, west and east of us.
The mountains are getting
several feet of snow
so the trucks are parked 
everywhere. Off and on ramps,
sides of the freeway, and at every
exit the streets are crowded with 
parked trucks finding any space
they can for waiting out the storms.
OK
got to go,
but I just want to 
add one more photo.


 Liberty was good the other day.
I think it was Tuesday.


Edited to add
this photo from our daughter.


 Interstate 5
Mt. Shasta Ca
December 21, 2012
She says 
 "It was worse than it looks."


4 comments:

  1. Those bags are great!!! What talent you have my friend! I like them all, I am sure those ladies will love theirs. Beautiful pictures of the snow and Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Deli totes are beautiful..Any one would be proud to have one...They look very professional..I'm not looking forward to that kind of snow..It's been a few years so we could be due..Have a very Merry Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE those totes Patricia. You do beautiful work!
    What an exciting and touching privilege to get to see a daddy reunited with his little girl.
    All I can say about that snow is WOW... beautiful. I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it.
    We got a little Thursday night, but it was just a tease.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Pat, those totes are darling, I love all the different fabric combos. Boy you have been busy. I hope to get back into sewing more this next year, I do believe you have provided some wonderful inspiration. I have heard about the roads closing in your neck of the woods, it must be really bad, stay safe and I wish you a very Merry Christmas. Also love the pictures of Liberty, she is sure growing.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.