I finished this tea towel using Prairie Flower Farm's pattern.
Linda is so very generous with her patterns.
I'm having a hard time taking photos of these white towels. So~~~
These photos will have to do.
It was a dark and dreary wet day,
when I took them.
Oh, and the crocheted throw that the tea towel is draped across,
was made by our friend Pricilla.
We purchased it at a craft bazaar that she helps with each and every year.
It's a wonderful craft show,
that several local churches put on at the Senior Center.
This towel was stitched for a basket full of home made items to be
raffled off at our Senior Potluck dinner this Saturday.
The basket is going to be filled with hand knitted items from several of my friends.
Think scarves, hats, and dish rags.
There may or may not be a crocheted item.
A jar of pickles from Jackie. (recipe here)
Home baked cookies, and candy from several of our board members.
I have to get busy making cookies for this basket. The collection day will be tomorrow.
Hopefully~~ there will be some of Jackie's peanut brittle included.
She makes it in the microwave.
It's every one's favorite down at the Senior Center.
It's light and airy, crunchy without being too hard.
Yeah, easy peasy but I don't have that recipe ~~~ yet.
We're in for just a couple of bright and sunny days.
Then this weekend, the rain returns and will
stick around for most of next week.
The funeral and memorial service for Rick's Dad will be
Monday. He will receive full military honors
at the Igo Veteran's Cemetery. I'm not sure I'll be strong enough
to witness the gun salute and the flag offering.
I can't help shedding tears at the Memorial Day services each May.
Monday's ceremony is going to be different.
Because ~
This time it's personal.
Meanwhile we are grateful for our family visiting
with each other a bit more.


Great job on the towel, the perfect addition to a basket of handmade goodies!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine it will be hard for you at Rick's Dad's Memorial. What an honor!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the dish cloths, they are very cute. I am sure they helped and the other stuff to keep your mind active and save you a few tears...