I took these photos just this past Sunday.
The garden is wearing out and tonight
we are expecting a hard freeze.
The Alpine miniature strawberries have
started blooming again.
The zinnias bloomed their hearts out.
Some were reseeded from last year,
and others where from three seed packets
I planted this spring.
What's left now are faded and worn.
I really loved the color of this salvia.
Even though the fruit production of this
nectarine is minimal,
I still appreciate this tree.
It has the most beautiful pink flowers in
the spring time and beautiful yellow leaves
in the fall.
The packet of lavender seeds promised
to bloom the first season, and one made it.
Yeah!
Well, tomatoes here just don't do well.
There's too much shade in our garden space.
This is my first tomato.... still on the vine.
It's not mature enough to save through
the freeze tonight.
The other two....
The yellow and orange cosmos
reseed themselves every year.
They're just about finished as well.
I've been collecting the seeds and scattering
them here and there.
Garlic chive seeds ready to start
new plants next spring.
Take care, and have a wonderful
Thanksgiving.


pretty pretty..love a garden and you still have one (:)
ReplyDeleteChico is fairly close to u then..
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving (:)
hugs,Patty
That's a whole lot more than I have left...Enjoy the last of summer....Winter is poking around..some freezing temps..some 50's...Love this tome of year..Have a nice Thanksgiving..
ReplyDeleteI am amazed at how many flowers you still have in the garden. Nothing here and hasn't been for a long time. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. It was good here.
ReplyDeleteHI..
ReplyDeleteAre you going to put out Christmas decor (:)
am waiting..
hehe
hugs,Patty