Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mt Shasta and the Bridge at Lakehead.


This was our view of the mountain 
three days ago on the 14th when we 
drove up to Mt. Shasta.
She had her lenticular cloud cap on. 
Since then, it has snowed up there.
I am looking forward to seeing the
mountain tomorrow morning when
I head back up there.
I'll take my camera and 
  hope for a clear and bright
photo worthy day.


Cal Trans is building a new I-5 bridge
crossing the lake bed up in Lakehead.
Rick was driving, so I was able to 
quickly snap a few photos of the 
fish motif on the bridge.
It's surprising that they're making a bridge
that actually looks good and isn't 
just a plain bridge.
Once they finish the new bridge
they will probably demolish 
the old current one. 
That means we will only be able to see 
the motif from the lake,
if it has enough water...
This is at Lakehead where the 
river meets up with the lake
if there's enough water in the lake.
Right now there's just a narrow
shallow river running through this area.
You can see the lake bed under the bridge
in the above photo.


 I was fortunate to get a clear photo of 
the fish. The guardrails obstruct the view
for the rest of the way across the bridge.

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be a real beauty, Patricia. You were lucky to get such a good shot of it. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.