Granddaughter Katelyn just had a birthday.
Her birthday wish?
She just wanted birthday candles.
Her wish was granted,
with cute My Little Pony candles.
Katelyn's birthday song was
sung to the tune of the traditional
Happy Birthday song,
but with these lyrics.
What day is today?
It's Katelyn's birthday.
What a day for a birthday.
Now let's eat some cake.
~~~
Our daughter used a recipe from
America's Test Kitchen
for this delicious cake.
You can view America's
Test Kitchen recipes free for a
two week trial, but afterwards
you will need to subscribe.
I didn't want to do that
for this post, so...
After just a little bit more searching,
I found that you can get the recipe
on a blog called A Feast for the Eyes.
Here's a link:
This recipe is oh so perfect for spring.
Enjoy!
~


Your granddaughter is adorable, they grow up way too fast though. That cake looks divine.
ReplyDeleteMy how time does fly. I remember when Katelyn was born. Both your kids were blonde and blue eyed to if I remember correctly.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Katelyn..Your cake looks yummy..lucky you..
ReplyDeleteKatelyn is adorable indeed. That cake does look really good! Is your daughter a good cook like you?
ReplyDelete