I took these photos at Kohl's
where I found a pillow I really,
really liked. Really. (smile)
Why yes,
I did make a second trip
to get photos...
It's the creamy pearly one.
It didn't have a price tag,
so I took it to the register with
my other purchases.
I think he said $60, but it might
have been $50.
I gulped and even with it on sale
at half price, it was still too pricey,
especially since it's just stuffing,
fabric and plastic pearls.
My inner self, was saying
"get to the fabric store pronto, cause
there's no way I can justify spending
that much for a throw pillow
that you can't even lay your head on".
I now have a piece of beautiful creamy
fabric which was on discount,
and some half priced pretty faux pearls.
I'd show you, but I just could not
get the camera to focus on all that
creamy white goodness.
While trying to get the photo,
the roofers were tearing off
our old roof, and the noise was
just getting to me.
I'll just have to show you later
cause it's too dark to take photos
this morning at 5AM.
The roofers are due back at 6:30.
Ugg.
Anyway,
I had placed my bag from JoAnn's
Fabric store on the stairwell,
thinking it was safe and out of
reach of Liberty.
Well you know where
this is going right?
We do have a child gate
at the bottom of the stairs
to keep Liberty
from going upstairs,
but anyways, Liberty snagged
the bag which was just within her
reach and kinda sorta ate chewed up
my thread, and had bags of pearls
opened with pearls everywhere.
I didn't check, but I think she may
have had pearly poo...
It's a good thing that was
several days ago, cause she's
heading to the vetrinarians today
for her own little vacation
away from us.
I wouldn't want them to think
she was some sort of spoiled pup
with her not so sparkling pearls you know.
Meanwhile, the roofers
will work away making all
the noise they want.
They were scheduled for two weeks
from now, but they called day
before yesterday asking if they could
do the job this week instead.
It conflicts with our plans,
but then again,
we don't have to be here
for them to put the roof on.
We're leaving for Reno this morning,
to see the musical Grease.
Oh, I'm excited.
OK, it's time to cue up
the music.
Take it away Willy Nelson.
"On the road again..."


Love the pillow but I'm with you, a little spendy even if it was half price. Oh Liberty, you naughty thing. Pearly poo...too funny. It makes me think that dogs must have a pretty good digestive system because they can really eat some crazy stuff.
ReplyDeletePearly poop !!! Thanks for the laugh..My sisters "lab" is lying at my feet..They're here for the day..Enjoy the show..Safe trip..
ReplyDeleteOh man..sorry about the project chew toy(:)
ReplyDeleteBut have fun in Reno(:)
Oh, I can't wait to see your pillow...that one was gorgeous but who wants to spend that kind of money! The puppy story is so cute. I hope you don't find any pearly poop anywhere...ever!
ReplyDeleteFunny...Pearly poo....you had me laughing through out your blog....(slap the face) thanks I needed that. Oh yessss, Liberty, bad puppy dog!!! Your pillow sounds beautiful when you get it finished, enjoy the project and enjoy your trip to Reno and the musical...we all need time off for good behavior.
ReplyDeleteRoofers....uge, hopefully you get a good job done with no problems afterwards. We are still paying for a bad job done over 10 years ago. Everytime it rains the roof leaks, but I think we got the problem remedied now.