Sunday, August 18, 2013

Giving The Gift of Time


While out in the garden this morning,
I found several Sun Gold cherry tomatoes
to harvest,  ~~~  and eat like candy.



I had to use my shirt to carry them
back to the kitchen, ~~~ the ones that
made it that is.



The zinnias are just getting into full swing
out there in the garden. They're attracting 
beautiful butterflies, but do you think
I could get a photo of them?  
 No ~~~ Not this time.


The Crepe Myrtle bush is blooming
it's heart out.  Liberty gave it a severe
pruning early in the spring time.
I guess it actually needed it,
because the plant is doing better than ever.
Especially now that there's a fence
protecting it.
~~~
Speaking of Libs,
her tail seems to be back to
it's normal happy up curl.



Even after it's morning show,
the Morning Glory bloom


is still beautiful while it folds
in upon itself.
~~~


 I'm on the road again tomorrow.
I'll meet up with my Mom
and my Aunt in Redding,
and then we're off on a girls trip
to the coast for a couple of nights.
They both live about an hour away
in two different directions,
so it will be nice to spend some
time with both of them.

They do talk your ears off...
so I'm glad they can talk to each
other while I concentrate on driving.

They haven't been to the coast in 
years, so I'm really happy to be 
taking them on this trip.



I had fun putting together these gifts for them.
They both get a set of pajamas
which I got for a deep discount at Kohl's.
They were on clearance sale,
plus I had Kohl's cash to use,
plus I had a coupon for $10. off of $30.,
and to top it off I also had my 30% off
coupon to use.  Yes!!!  The pajamas
were just 40 cents more than the 
matching coffee mugs
 I found at World Market.


I already had the color coordinated note pads
and cards from the dollar (1.50) bins at Michaels.
I later went back for the ink pens and 
was lucky to find the exact matching pens as well.
There's a few tea bags in the mugs,
and perhaps I'll add a little sweet something
to go along with the gift.
Cookies, or chocolate... ?

I had hoped to get this post done
earlier in the week because I wanted
to ask you for ideas of what else
to add to their gifts.
It will have to do though, 
cause I'm out of time
 to get everything together.  
I still have to figure out a gift bag,
and write a little something in the note cards.

Oh and I  almost forgot to say:

The fabric in the background of 
the pajama gifts is the fabric
I chose for the pearly pillow.
I did resist calling it the pearly poo pillow.


Courtesy of a Susan Branch calendar from a few years ago.


Our coast in Nor Cal, is chilly
and we'll be wearing jeans and 
sweatshirts.  
It will be a relief  to get away from the heat
and wildfire smoke here in the valley.
It was very smokey in Reno as well.


Take care and have a great week.




4 comments:

  1. Good girl Libs..That's the perfect time to "prune" Crepe Myrtle...Your gifts will be a big hit, I'm sure..Very cute..Enjoy your trip..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to get away and go to the coast! I can only dream...at least I know someone that is. I am hoping I will have a chance before I die to go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will be enjoying your time spent with your mom and aunt. Nice gifts for them too. I certainly would enjoy a gift like that....very thoughtful. Chocolates and bubble bath would be nice too, Kinda like a spa, pamper yourself kind of night.

    Well see, Liberty knows a little bit about gardening, knows how to prune. I am glad her tail is back in good wagging condition. Flowers are beautiful and the tomatoes look de-lish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..(:)
    lovely..and the morning glory
    WOW
    hugs..patty

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.