While looking up clematis seed heads
through a Google search, I found
that it's not worth keeping the seeds.
If they are viable they can take up to
three years to germinate.
Plus you need to refrigerate the planted
seeds to mimic a winters worth of
freeze/thaw cycle for about 4 to 6 months.
They grow for a year before
flowering, and three years
to become a mature plant.
If it's a hybrid clematis
chances are the seedlings
won't be like the parent plant.
I'm definitely not going to bother
with trying to grow clematis from seeds.
Mostly I just wanted to
post the photos and find out
what these are called.
Clematis seed heads....
just as I thought.


oh that is interesting on the clematis
ReplyDeletehummm the weather 102 ugh
that is too hot for me!!!
(:)
Thanks for the idea of freezing lemon and lime juice, going to try it for sure.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness the fact that it takes three years to get clementis seeds going...and alot of patience....guess I will just buy plants. I transplanted my purple clementis in three different places. My star clementis is in the same place but I cut it down quite a bit. I have decided they can't be killed by me at least.
Been pulling alot of those blue bell plants, they have taken over my front yard, covering many of my little perrenial plants I have growing. Was working on my fountain tonight....got the pump in tonight, gosh does it sound neat.
Jerry is at the farm today planting - I just thought I would throw that in ha ha. We have been having so much rain that it is hard to really plant anything. Sounds like one extreme or another huh? Those star clementis look interesting - it is amazing just how many things do grow and the length of time it takes. We do have some beautiful orange poppys I think that is what they are that I actually planted from a seed - totally amazed me, since I planted them 2 years ago. Since I don't get to go outside much, I do miss a lot - that is why I like your blog so much - I love what you see outside and share. :)
ReplyDeleteby the WAY how was your birthday? 58 - feeling great - that is what I keep telling myself, and avoiding mirrors. :)
ReplyDelete