Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Let's See, Visit the Lake or Watch the Superbowl.






Yesterday was
a bit of a down day for me.
First up,
a visit to the dentist for
a cleaning and checkup.
I'm not fond of dental visits.
But who is?


Later ~ A phone call confirming
  biopsy results.
There's more skin cancer
on my forehead to take care of.
Not a big deal, but it's still annoying.


 Even later~
Another call to confirm that  
I do have to go in for jury duty today.
The good news is that I don't 
have to be there until 1 this afternoon.
The first groups were there at 8 this morning.
I get to enjoy some blog time...

... and laundry.

Did you know
 crochet hooks and knitting needles
are considered weapons and 
can't be brought into the courthouse?

I guess  I'll leave my weapons
at home.



Superbowl Sunday on the lake.
It was quiet out there.
When we first went out, 
the bass fishermen were out.
Come game time
we had the lake to ourselves.
It was wonderfully quiet.



Mud daubers,
or yellow jacket bees?
I'm not sure.
They found a way to build
a nest in the bimimi top's
 tube sleeve on the boat last summer. 

See ya later...

Edited to add:
The lake level is
39 feet from the crest.

5 comments:

  1. oh my ..you had quite a bit going on ..hope the skin cancer will get fixed (:)It is sure a common thing isn't it..
    thanks on the pillows ..just had them in mind whennout looking (:) hugs..p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, hate the thought of you having skin cancer again. Is it because you are so fair skinned and you are on the boat a lot? As for jury duty - yuck! You can take a book in there I hope.

    Beautiful pictures and that mud dauber looks interesting. It sure would be nice to go out on a lake. I am getting cabin fever. It is just too cold to walk outside yet. They are talking warmer weather soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down, the lake would have been my number one choice on Sunday. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness..I spent yesterday at the dentist..AWful..hate it...and then, I have to have yet another skin cancer removed..This one on my lower eyelid...I think skin cancer will do me in some day..I'm up to 5...Did you go to the lake or watch the super bowl???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops..yes, I did see that you went to the lake..Missed a good game but it looks lovely..Don't know where my mind was..

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.