Our grandson is spending
the weekend with us.
We took him to our local fire hall
for a pancake breakfast yesterday.
The proceeds help to purchase
equipment for the fire station.
Then we were off to the next small
town to join friends along the
Veteran's Day parade route.
Over the years that we've
attended these parades
and Memorial Day services
we've become familiar with
quite a few faces of our
elderly military retirees.
The members of the Greatest Generation
are steadfast in their loyalty and patriotism
for our country.
What's sad though is the
realization that we're no longer
waving to many of them.
I hope that sense of duty,
honor,
and patriotism
gets passed down
to our future generations.



It was a beautiful weekend here..Did some things outside..All the best to our Vets...even the Navy!!!
ReplyDeleteYes we had a chilly, but wonderful Veteran's Day and weekend. I have some daffodil bulbs to plant today. We're supposed to have rains this coming weekend.
DeleteVeterans are my heros. Such a wonderful display of patriotism, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your header photo is awesome, is that a mushroom amongst the leaves?
Hi Connie, Yes that is a mushroom peeking through the grass and leaves. I was too much in a hurry to make a new November header photo so I stole my own header from last year.
Delete