Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cherries, and Liberty


 Our young cherry tree is
slowly growing bigger
each year and producing   
  more cherries than the previous year.
 This year I harvested six
cups of cherries, enough to make
cherry sauce for future desserts.
The tiny jars are tucked away in the freezer.
That was my big accomplishment
for the week.

I left some fruit on the 
tree for the crows.
They're happily harvesting
their cherries and leaving the pits
and a sticky mess on the fence top 
nearby.

Meanwhile,

Liberty is doing well.
~~~
We're extremely tired.


Libby will be seven weeks old 
tomorrow, the 13th.

She likes chewing everything...

fingers,
toes,
sandals,
shoes,
and their laces,
Conner,
rocks,
irrigation lines,
spiders,
her bedding,
hair, 
ears,
my plants,
grass,
wrought iron kitchen stool legs,
wood,
twigs,
pipes,
mushroom compost,
dirt,
wood furniture legs,
wood furniture drawer pulls,
and her tail.
~~~
I'm leaving at 6AM tomorrow
for my girls get away trip to
the coast.

Rick is taking time off
to care for the little one
while I'm gone.

.... evil grin ....
Snicker


4 comments:

  1. I can smell her adorable breath just looking at her!! Enjoy your time away and get some sleep while you're at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm..... cherry sauce. Enjoy your trip. Seems to me that Libby is doing exactly as expected.. typical puppy. She sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a darn good thing she is so stinkin' cute that you just can't stay mad at her for chewing Everything. In. Sight!
    Enjoy your getaway, girl's getaways are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!!! It's a good thing "pappa" can take some time off while "momma" gets time out with the girls! ha ha I am sure Rick will have lots of fun "keeping things out of her mouth".:) But of course she will melt is heart.

    As for you WOMAN enJOY that time with the girls. I so wanted to go on a retreat they had last weekend, but I had to work. Of course I am thankful to have a job now. The girls loved it and I am hoping to go next year.

    Oh those cherries sounded SO GOOD. Jerry went to his folks yesterday and they went to a strawberry farm and brought back some delicious strawberries!!! We are hoping to make the strawberry freezer jam using Stiva.Until then we must have ate 1/4 of them today - on short cake and in a drink.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.