Sunday, December 18, 2011

Katelyn's First Christmas


I purchased this ornament six
years ago for our granddaughter Katelyn.
~~~
But it wasn't for our new little Katelyn 
who will be celebrating her first
Christmas this year.
~~~
It was for the Katelyn we thought
was coming and she was due
to arrive at Christmas time six years ago.
~~~
 The due date came and went.
December turned to January.
New tests
were ordered which
revealed that we
were actually waiting for  
  our grandson Conner.

Surprise!
That's certainly an understatement.

He's now a terrific big
brother to to this little
one who is celebrating
her first Christmas. 


Photo source:  I love this photo from our daughter Kristine.
Merry first Christmas
Katelyn.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you! One of each...so happy for you. Grands are the BEST! I have another one on the way....but I must wait for the fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in God's plan. What a fun time.. babies first Christmas. That is an adorable picture.. a framer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the same thing happened with one of our grandchildren. "McKenna" was due in early May, and our daughter (the mom) had a dream about three days before the baby came. In the dream she saw a little boy and he was quite emphatic that he was a boy and that his name was Logan. Sure enough, when the baby was born he was a boy.
    By the way, they named him Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed! We spent this Christmas day with "our adopted grandchildren and their parents". Since I never had a daughter or grand kids, Amanda graciously let us be their family for we could have all of that! How we love this family, we are blessed too.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.