Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Trees ~~~ Work in Progress

Here's what I've been working on lately.
  They're not finished yet.


 I'm sure you can find 
 complete and informative online
tutorials for making bottle brush
Christmas trees.  So, I'll leave
that explanation to the experts out there.
But I did have a hint or two
that might help if you want to
add some glass pearls to your
bleached and glittered trees.
      

1.  The thicker glitter glue from
Martha Stewart's craft line
works better than
 the thin clear permanent
glue for getting the pearls
to stick where you want them.
~
It took me awhile to figure that out...



2.  Laying the Christmas trees on their
sides helps the pearls to stay put
while the glue dries. 

~~~
The ping of pearls dropping off
the Christmas trees onto a cookie sheet,
sounds very much like 
canning jar lids pinging after
coming out of a hot water bath.
  
 It's not nearly as satisfying though...  

8 comments:

  1. OOOHH.. Those are going to be so pretty. I've never worked with those kind of trees before. Hmmm.. there are quite of few of them too. Looking forward to seeing what your gonna do with'm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. and I love that Cardinal in your header.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that those are going to be beautiful.

    That dang Martha. :-) Is there anything she doesn't have her fingers in?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are beautiful! Looks like a lot of work. You once again amaze me by your talent. So creative and gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comments everyone.
    Anita: I didn't come up with this idea. I've seen it around in blog land for a couple years now.
    Amy: The trees came in a package from Lemax village. I found them at JoAnn's Fabric I believe.
    It was last year. It was either the fabric store or Michael's.
    Pearl: Welcome! It certainly does look like a Martha Stewart ad, but I did get those glues on clearance when a local store stopped carrying her crafts. I did like her glitter glue and probably would buy it again with a discount coupon of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are going to look awesome! And that redbird in your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty. Why do you bleach them? Do they come in green then you bleach them? I agree with you, anything glittered is always better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at YOU! Makin' little bottle brush trees! They are pretty!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.