Hey there.
Want a very quick crafty gift
that's not too expensive?
Get to Kohl's (or where ever)
and purchase some nice winter
gloves that happen to be on sale
right now, and be sure to use
your discount coupons.
Then stop by the nearest
grocery store to purchase
some regular sized bags of
microwave popcorn, not the mini size.
Try not to add your two cents into
a conversation a young couple are
having about purchasing popcorn.
He: I want it to taste good.
She: I want this 'natural' type.
He: I guess we can add salt and butter at home.
She: Looks it's whole grain!
He: This one looks good ~~~ butter!
She: I want this one, it's healthy and it's
whole grain...
Me: In my head ~~
ALL popcorn is whole grain.
Go purchase a popcorn popper,
and a Costco sized container of
Orville Redenbacher, some oil
and a shaker of popcorn salt.
You'll be miles ahead in taste
and it's much less expensive in the long
run. Plus you are taking way
too long to make a decision....
and I've got to get home to make
these cute little popcorn snowmen
that was a last minute decision
because I found these cute gloves
at Kohl's and would you mind
moving out of the way.
I just want to buy that box of
10 popcorn bags because I just
purchased 10 pairs of gloves....
The designer of this popcorn
wrapper offers them for free
and you can download them
from her site here:
In order to save yourself
a couple hours of frustration
trying to get them to print,
just go to the following link
where the wrapper design
is ready to to print...
Use card stock if you can,
but regular paper would also work.
Be sure to print in landscape format,
otherwise you'll be wishing you had
an extra set of hands to manage
to get the edges to meet in the middle
of the backside of your snowman.
See there, I'm saving you
all the headaches and time.
I know this idea
has been around for quite awhile,
but my group of friends
were thrilled yesterday.
I folded and taped up the bottom
(like a gift box)
so the popcorn wouldn't slip out.
Use up some fabric scraps in your
stash for a scarf and a bit of ribbon
to tie the glove fingers together for a topknot.
There you have it.
A sweet little snowman gift
made with a pair of gloves
and a bag of popcorn.
Perhaps you could add a package of
cocoa and marshmallows
in a cute little snowman mug.


Those have GOT TO BE the cutest last minute snowmen / popcorn/ festive glove idea I have seen yet!!
ReplyDeleteYour turned out ADORABLE Patricia. Nice job!
Those are so stinkin' cute. Love the post title and love the song too.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Patty I am filing this one away for next year. Have you ever seen the victorian Xmas tree's? I make them every year along with a crocheted Xmas stocking which happens to be a 5 sided granny square. Then the dishtowels cut in half and I crochet the tops to hang on your stove or frig.
ReplyDeleteCute, very cute!!! Oh to be that crafty....
ReplyDelete