Good Morning,
I just wanted to get a quick hello in this morning
before heading off to my volunteer job.
In the mornings I usually nurse one mug of coffee and then I'm done.
We didn't drink coffee until we moved here 9 years ago.
Then we became regular coffee drinkers
in our mid to late 40's.
At first,
it had to be extremely fresh
as in just brewed
for us to enjoy it.
After awhile,
it didn't matter how old
or what temperature we drank it.
If it turned cold in the mug, oh well. Just add ice.
We loved it
and it wasn't the expensive good stuff that we consumed.
It was
plain old Folgers.
Sing with me:
The best part of waking up....
After a while we were consuming coffee at all times of the day.
I've cut way back now.
Oh, I still crave my morning mug and
I love it once in awhile if we have dessert,
which isn't very often at all.
I think I love the ritual of having a mug of coffee.
In the wintertime it's wrapping my hands around a steaming mug
and feeling the warmth thaw out cold fingers.
During the summer mornings, I carry the mug out onto the deck
or kitchen porch to start the day.
Anyway, todays morning ritual will be cut short again
as I put the remaining coffee from my mug into a thermal cup
and take it to Seniors with me.
I'll be busy and probably won't finish it untill lunch time.
But that's OK, because
today is a better morning than yesterday.
Yesterday I hurriedly finished my coffee as I headed to town
for my annual mammogram
and tried
really hard
not to think
of pancakes.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
I will!


I can SO relate! I fix up my coffee pot the night before so that it is ready the next morning. I NEED it... lol.. my kids tease and say I shake if I don't have it right away. I think their exaggerating.. they disagree.. HA!
ReplyDeleteI too have a favorite mug. Yours is the CUTEST!
I alternate mugs. I have two favorites. Both from the same potter. We bought them over in Brookings a few years ago at a street market stall. I love supporting local artists when I can. Rick also has two mugs from the same potter. We love them and don't share them... at all. (smile). We have regular mugs for company.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy, I enjoy your notes.
I "miss my coffee" - I gave up caffine a few years ago. Now, the only caffine I get is in Dark Choc. and maybe some tea once in awhile. I now drink herbal teas and I have my favorite in that. I still crave coffee!!! But I don't get the headaches like I used to.
ReplyDeleteI like what you said about "pan cakes" - I do not like those things at all!!! We gotta do it.