Did you know that it's supposedly bad luck to rename a boat?
Yep, it sure makes you wonder about some of the boat names we've run across.
The most common boat name is
Obsession. ^
You can change their names, but tradition calls for specific rituals,
and if you mistakenly forget even a small part of that ritual,
well then you are just asking for trouble.
Quite a few boats are named after family members, especially working boats.
Some are named after named after passions like fishing.
Or unfortunately drinking,
but being the optomist, maybe this one is named after a lovely Ginger.
Gin ~ Gin's her nick name.
Some are understandable and optimistic cause they’ve got
Before some
Bushwhacker ^
tells me to get a life,
I have one thing to say,
I
even if I have an obsession with
boat names.
Ours is Crow's Nest II
Take care and have fun, what ever your passion.
I'm wishing you fair wind and following seas.
I'm wishing you fair wind and following seas.


Those names are so interesting! Who knew so much ritual went into them :)
ReplyDeleteHmm... you know I've never really taken the time to look at boat names. I think I'll have to start doing that.. you've peaked my interest.
ReplyDelete