Saturday, November 16, 2013

Queen Anne's Lace Scarves


I was in a hurry to get photos
of these two scarves, 
before giving them to a birthday gal.

She's a Red Hatter, so these colors 
will work perfectly for her this winter.


 I hung the scarves on the rail,


and draped them over the solar lights.


I held them up in front of the 
bright orange cosmos.


But it turns out,


They looked best


draped over the tomato plant.


I hope she didn't notice
the smell of tomatoes
when she opened her gift.

The pattern is here:

I used Lion Brand's  "Amazing" yarn
wool/acrylic for the variegated red scarf. 

The purple scarf was crocheted 
with Patons Silk Bamboo yarn.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty..I'm sure the recipient will be very pleased..Yup...I like them best in the tomato plant..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about pretty! How cool was that to put them over the tomato plant like that! You friend is blessed and I know she will love them. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you do the crocheting? I like the purple one...seem to always gravitate towards purple :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.