Hey there,
Let's take a walk
while we visit.
First of all,
I owe you all some heartfelt thanks
for the words of encouragement
left here on my blog, through e-mail,
and phone calls. You've made
me cry, but in a good way you know.
I appreciate you ~ thanks.
Today ~ Monday
just couldn't come fast enough.
I had surgery last Monday to
remove some skin cancer from my
forehead. I've been bandaged for
two weeks now. First for the biopsy
and then the surgery and wouldn't you know
it. I'm now allergic to Polysporin which I have
been applying zealously for each bandage change.
I've used this product for the ten or so years
that I've been seeing my dermatologist here...
and now I'm allergic. I've created quite the
itchy red mess on my forehead.
This morning, I just couldn't apply
anymore because something was certainly
wrong and that ointment just wasn't helping at all.
To top it all off,
the doctor tells me that he didn't get
all of the cancer.
Oh shoot. But it's only a few errant cells.
OK... we'll take care of it, and in the meantime
I'm stitch and bandage free and boy is that nice.
Now to get rid of the ugly red rash
from the ointment
and the left behind cancer of course.
We could really use some rain.
The lake is still down about 55 feet or so.
I'm tempted to go back and get
this rusty piece of lake debris.
I think the cleat would make a good hook
for some rope or something in the garage
or down at the barn. Perhaps even a plant
hanger for a post on the deck... hmmm.
Oh and when I say
I should go back for it I actually mean Rick
should... cause he's the one who would
carry it down the hill, onto the boat,
and back up another hill to the car.
He's always asking if I have a mouse in my
pocket when I say 'we' should do something.
Sweetheart, 'we' should go back for that cleat.
I tell you, he loves my ideas.
He also reads this blog.
This morning I was all set to
e-file our Fed taxes but I was thwarted.
I keep getting an error after
being re-directed from a link
that has "IRS pin site closed"
as part of it's www. redirect address.
Well Phooey.
Our lovely state charges $20 bucks to e-file.
Well phooey on them as well.
They'll get a paper copy
with their payment
as close to the due date
as I can possibly get it.
Let's see what else is there...
Oh, I have purchased two
Christmas presents already.
Yep I have!
I'm shopping
year round this year...
starting with some garden
items that are showing up
in the stores now.
I'll finish with two three things I absolutely
think you should know:
1. Use sunscreen.
2. There's absolutely no reason to
look at the bath gel bottle
while snapping it's lid shut.
3. Bath gel in the eye isn't any fun.
Take care, see you soon!


I just found your blog and started following you. I love the photos. You live in a beautiful place.
ReplyDeletePatty I'm sorry to hear about the skin cancer again! Darn. After I read about the eye lid (I think it was) cancer I always make sure I have a hat on and I sit under the cover and not out in the sun. One draw back about not getting more sun , and this was told to me by my orthopedic Dr. more women up north seem to get osteoposis and osteopina (which I have) due to not getting enough Vitamin D which we get from the sun. Can't win for losing! So I now take an additonal 1000 mg of Vitamin D along with the calcium and Vitamin that I already take! Its funny all those years of living in FL never had a probmem. I move north and now its a problem not getting enought sun. Anyway keep on top of it any kind of cancer can be scarey!
ReplyDeleteWell bless your hear having to go through all of this. Glad its getting taken care of. Good for you for staying on top of it.
ReplyDeleteI know now why ya'll need rain. OH.. and I know exactly what you mean about looking at the bottle while closing it.
I did that with shampoo.. and yeah.. you know the rest.
Sorry to hear about your bout with skin cancer. Here's to the doctor getting it ALL this time.
ReplyDeleteLove the stroll you took us on today, so pretty. What lake is that? You could certainly use some rain, and lot of it to boot to fill that up. I'll be sure to send some to the south when we have had just about enough. Did you see the flooding in Oregon? They should send some your way too.
Not the sunniest of posts, between bad re-action to ointment - a 'few errant' cells -
ReplyDeletebut am so happy to have this opportunity to read posts from you.
L♥ve the handy tip regarding bottle cap closing.
take care
hugs
Gerry
I hope you are soon completely better and without a rash. The pictures in your blog post today are really serene and peaceful. It looks like there is no one around for miles and you have the beauty all to yourself. It must have been nice. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteWow, I just read this today - Saturday. So sorry to hear about that skin cancer. I'm praying!!!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, loved seeing your pictures. I am hoping to read other posts after this to catch up!
I hope you all get RAIN SOON!!!