On the way out to Wyntour Gardens Nursery
I passed by this barn with it's rusty roof.
I had to pull off to the side of the road
to take photos.
I didn't bother going out to the nursery
last year for two reasons.
1. Drought
2. We were saving for the cruise.
This year we're still in a drought,
seemingly worse than last year.
I still have a little area for gardening
that I will be watering.
The lawn is being sacrificed again
this year, so that I can use the water
for flowers, herbs and vegetables.
Still, it was fun to wander around for an
hour or so wishing and dreaming of
good soil and plenty of water to grow
whatever I would have wanted.
The prices seem to have gone up since
the last time I was here.
There's plenty to choose from
with different sections for drought tolerant,
veggies, herbs, perennials, annuals,
butterfly and bee friendly... and on and on.
Everything in bloom.
Wagons parked here and there
with plants ready to head for
their new homes.
They have interesting water fountains
everywhere.
$769.99 for the spiral water fountain.
I only took a photo of it because I thought
it was just a bit odd. I wouldn't want this
one, but it was interesting.
I did purchase a black Petunia
because the color was so dark
and unusual.
It's a Crazytunia (TM) Black Mamba.
Succulents in the dappled morning shade.
At the ends of each isle,
they had expensive containers
planted with beautiful flowers.
I was paying attention to the plant
I was paying attention to the plant
combinations and what made
the collections attractive.
Each container had a mixture of plants
that seemed to include spike-y plants
along with trailing ones, different shaped
leaves, and color combos.
Seems like they used lots of lime green
plants for a huge pop of color and interest.
Some of my favorites aren't the really showy
flowers. I tend to like the salvia's and sages
and plants that attract bees and butterflies.
Out in my garden:
The bees were buzzing and the
birds were sharing turns getting water
in the bird baths.
It was nice to be able to spend some
time outside this morning in the garden.
Peaceful.


Plant prices are out of sight this year..So is produce in the grocery store..I wonder if the drought has anything to do with it..Probably not since it comes from China or Mexico if it isn't local...I plant less and less each year..Hope all is well with you..
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures - and such beautiful flowers. This year will be a sad one at the Owen Farm. Jerry's mom is in a nursing home and this will be the first time ever that there is not a flower garden and vegetable garden. Jerry and his brother don't have the time as they have been quite busy getting the crops out They did it!!! There are still some wild flowers up there. Jerry picked me some beautiful Iris's from our yard and put them on our TV stand - they are one of my favorite flowers. There are so many flowers I can't really say which is "my favorite". That black Petunia is very unusual. I will have to see if there are any around here. I shall take my camera out too.
ReplyDelete