Saturday, April 18, 2015






We finally put out boat back
on the lake last Sunday, 
after more than a year
of it being parked here at home.  
We used the money not spent
on marina fees for the cruise 
we took last summer.


Letting the boat sit  covered
for the year (and four months)
 wasn't exactly good for it.
The impeller inside the motor dried out
and warped in the heat.
We had to take the boat to the dealer
for that repair.

Observing the no wake zone.

All of the vinyl mildewed.
It took two rounds of scrubbing
to get the vinyl clean.
You can't clean it with bleach
 as that would damage the thread seams.

We washed blankets, beach towels,
bathing suits, and everything else
stored inside.

Yahoo!

We launched the boat and
took it out for awhile before
the sun set.



We'd forgotten a little bit,


just how much we loved being out there.



The lake level is at 72 feet below the crest.





We were able to get the same 
marina slip that we had before.


Looking up at the underside
of the train tracks and Interstate 5
as it crosses over Lake Shasta.


The swallows are back 
building their mud nests just under
the eves.  
They show up every year.
Thankfully, it's illegal to disturb 
the nests once they're built.
They usually build on the dock that's 
closest to the shore.




The lupine are blooming on the lake bed.
This photo was from Monday night.
  I made a picnic dinner of baked chicken,
salad, and french bread to take out with us.
The wind had picked up,
the water was getting white caps,
and it was chilly out there.
Oh well,  it's over 85 degrees today,
and will be 90 degrees tomorrow.
Summer's on it's way.



Finally,
yep finally,
I recovered the couch cushions.
I've had the fabric for quite awhile.
  I purchased it
at JoAnn's Fabric store when they
were moving to a new and better location
and that was two years ago...
That project took me four days,
and it was just as tough a job as I 
thought (dreaded) it was going to be.
My fingers were poked with needles
too many times to count.
The fabric is thick and I think
it's micro swede.
It was really tough to pin the fabric.
I bent many of pins as I was trying
to use them.
It was even tougher to hand sew
  the final seams after inserting the cushions.
My hands were aching by the time
I finished.
Boy am I glad that project is over. 
  


5 comments:

  1. The water problem on the West Coast is a little scary...Hope it breaks soon..Nice to see boating pictures instead of snow..I miss our boat but that was many years ago Your couch looks great..Good job..I would never have the guts to tackle something like that..Hope you are having a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your pictures taken out on the lake. I can just about smell the gas fumes from the motor combined with the water. We have had a few boats over the years, either bass fishing boats or ski boats. Hubby both fished and skied and I just came along for the ride. Many great memories on the water for us.

    As for the couch, I would have hired someone to do it. You are a brave woman to take that on, beautiful job.

    We are expecting between 70 and 80 degrees here in the PNW, gorgeous weather for April I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a project cleaning the boat, but I can see it was definitely worthwhile! Beautiful scenery and your couch, good golly woman you have skills. I can't believe you took that on and refurbished those cushions - It looks amazing! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a nice boat..(:)
    would be so fun to get out on the water..hubby doesn't want a boat darn..
    I used to love stepping off into the water for a cool down-- year back..LOL
    would still do it.. love how the couch turned out too..
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what Jerry's boat looks like. It has been covered and not seen the water for 3 years I believe. He is going to sell it when and if he gets it cleaned up. He never has time to fish, I for one would keep it but it is silly to have it sit in our back yard. I agree with Saimi up there about your skills - totally amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.