Good morning. We are in Trinidad this morning on the misty foggy coast of northern California. Ah, what a relief from the 100 degree day we left. Since I can't space the text between the photos in this 100% phone blogging post, I'll have to talk about them first. On the way over we stopped at a grocery store in a Mountain town called Weaverville. I couldn't believe the price of the melons. We bought a sandwich to share from the deli and it was delicious. It was made with turkey, fresh mozzarella, basil and a tomato/herb mayo on an Italian flat bread. Grilled and toasty warm. It was much better than any fast food offering available.
We turned the music up loud and had Pandora Broadway tunes to sing along with during the times we could receive the signals trough the mountain passes.
We were stopped at 8 different construction zones with most involving one way traffic. Ugg.. but with the views of mountains, the Trinity River, and the wild sweet peas it was OKAY. At last we got to the coastal highway 101 and saw our first view of the Pacific waves. Ah, cool coastal weather! It's supposed to rain this afternoon. My dusty camping grandkids are going to be muddy kids today.
I'll have more photos from my big girl camera and stories about s' mores and campfires and grand kids and Agate hunting after this trip. Take care.


Gosh the prices for melons look like what we pay here in WI. Sounds like you are on a great trip. That sandwich sounds delish. I am thinking of buying a panani grill, so I can have sandwiches like you just described.
ReplyDeleteLove Panini. I hope you do get somr cooler weather. Enjoy your trip. Summer seems to be the time of endless construction. I hope you're out of it by now. I thought of you when I heard about the Alaska earthquake. I hope that's the end of it. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteThat drive sure looks pretty - except for construction. I was going to say that is not that bad of a price for melons considering ours usually cost that much. I think we did get a watermelon for $4 today - hope it tastes good! Keep shooting those pictures.
ReplyDelete